Sunday, December 6, 2015

You've been matched!!!



You've been matched!!! That was the subject line of an email we received on Tuesday.  The first line of the email summarizes our initial reaction well. "I was completely surprised this morning when I came to work to see a matching packet from ICAB on my desk." This was from Peggy our adoption coordinator in California.  From there the emotions just kept coming.  As I read the background packet, attempted to call Jenn to let her know and just about every time I thought about it I cried with joy.  This was slightly problematic as I was still at work and knew I couldn't tell anybody yet.  The placement is for a single girl, F.  Although the placement is not a sibling pair as we had requested and hoped for we are both very excited and in agreement that this seems like a good fit.

We had just started the process of renewing our I-800A immigration form and our home study.  That process will continue and now there is additional paperwork.  This is all the good kind of paperwork and are very excited to be working on it.

Thank you all for your support in this journey.  It is far from over.  Please continue to pray for us, F, and the rest of our time apart and together.  You can also support us through our AdoptTogether page. 


2 comments: