Saturday, June 1, 2013

How long is the wait?


We are often asked "How long will it be until the children come home?"  The answer to that question is we just don't know.  But we can tell you how long it has been since we started the process.  The answer to that is 2 cm.  As some of you know I sometimes like to be a little gimmicky so I have decided that I am not going to trim my goatee until our kids come home.  My original idea was that I would grow a beard during the wait time and then shave when we headed to pick up our kids.  That idea was quickly nixed by my wife.  She is shaking her head at the idea of this as well but is willing to go with it.  My plan is to post a picture every three months or so with an update of how long the wait has been.  So above is a picture of me at Christmas time which was about a month and a half before we first heard our agency had a spot for us.  


Above it a picture I took on May 31st, about 3 months after we started.  As you can see my goatee is about 2 cm right now. 

As I am typing this up G comes in and asks "Why is there a picture of you on the computer?"  So I explain to him what it is all about.  He informs me that it will be down at my feet when we bring the kids home.  Does anybody else have a prediction?  Feel free to leave it in the comments and we will see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment