Saturday, March 30, 2013

Adoption Blogs


I have been reading adoption blogs for quite awhile now.  For obvious reasons I like to hear other people's stories and see what could be in our future.  Some stories are beautiful, emotional, and fill your heart with hope.  Others are tough.  The ones where the family is struggling to teach honesty, love kids who have a lot of brokenness, and so much more.

Here are a couple of blogs that I follow:
 Jen Hatmaker

With the adoption process comes paperwork, reading and HOURS of training.  I am very thankful for the reading and training.  My eyes have already been opened to what things could look like for us when we bring our kiddos home.  The same is true for the adoption blogs.  I appreciate the honesty of those who are sharing the stories of what is happening with their families.  Who knows what this blog will be to those who read it and for us as we write.  

My hope is that I can learn as much as possible before we bring our new family members home.  I am moving forward with eyes wide open.  I know that we will have struggles.  Everyone has struggles. I am a mom.  I love my kids, I teach my kids, I discipline my kids, and often it is all rolled up into one.  G and J are not perfect.  They make mistakes and so do I.  My next two kids won't be perfect either.  They will make mistakes, and I will too.  My hope is that each of us can love each other and when mistakes are made that we can extend grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment